Osaka - FootKing

Breaking

Random Posts

Advertise Here
Loading...

Post Top Ad

Monday, January 7, 2019

Osaka

2018 US Open Champion Naomi Osaka has said she had "the worst attitude" in her loss to Lesia Tsurenko in the Brisbane International semi-finals.

The Japan international, ranked No. 5 in the wold lost 6-2, 6-4 to Ukraine's Tsurenko in just 66 minutes.

Speaking after the match, Osaka who won the US Open in September, said her loss had taught her "a valuable lesson".

.
"I was sulking a little bit, and there are moments that I tried not to do that," the 21-year-old explained.

"I feel like I didn't really know how to cope with not playing well."

The world number five made 26 unforced errors against Tsurenko, and did not create a break opportunity until late in the second set.

"I feel like, in a way, that this experience for me is better than winning the tournament.

"This helpless feeling I have, I learned sort of what I can do to improve the situation so there aren't many moments that I feel like that.

"I do notice that my attitudeis down and I know that people don't like to watch people that are so negative.

"And that's sort of my main thing too.

"So there are two paths thatI can take. Usually, one is tohit everything. And then another one is to run everything down. And usually I pick the hitting part first and then the running later and I think I need to switch that around."

Osaka, who later withdrew from next week's Sydney International, will move to fourth in the world rankings on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

AD: WIN CASH EVERYWEEK LIKE MySportDab Facebook Page NOW! HERE

AD: PLACE YOUR ADVERTS HERE AND REACH THOUSANDS OF SPORTS FANS CONTACT US NOW!
Download Our Official Android App HERE
Join our Active Telegram Channel Now - Click to Join